Where’s Waldo?

November 19, 2008

in mom stuff

As a mom, don’t you just always feel that something is going to be neglected? Whether you’re a working mom, a stay-at-home, or working from home mom, it’s just hard to keep it all together! It’s either your house (which is definitely my biggest downfall), your kids (major guilt when this happens!), your marriage (thankfully C is SO patient with me!) or your “me” time and however you spend it.

My house has really felt it lately. Finally on Monday I just had to stop working, put everything aside and take control of it. This is what it looked like Monday morning. I really wish I had taken a close-up of the floor because the picture really doesn’t do it justice. We had about 200 multi-colored straws everywhere thanks to Aunt Jill Pill and Aunt Kiki.

Can you even see Little A amidst the chaos? She’s back there at her Nemo table that they discovered when closet cleaning…Now it’s a permanent den fixture.

Oh, and the clamps and down comforter? Well, that’s the world’s greatest tent that we played in all weekend.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Jennifer November 19, 2008 at 11:44 pm

The tent is evidence that you focused on the kids and not the house… definite kudos in order!

Glad to hear I am not the only one who struggles!

2 Alli November 20, 2008 at 3:12 am

Wait, when did you come to my house and take a picture of it to post online? :) I have to say I was relieved to see one that looks like mine…lived in and obvious that the kids had fun. All that matters, right? Thanks for your honesty and letting us all normal poeple that we are not alone!

3 Amy November 20, 2008 at 4:07 am

Ahhhh – looks like home. My home that is. Glad you’re having fun anyway!!!

4 Lisa November 20, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Haha! I had to enlarge the picture to see Ava! She doesn’t seem to mind the mess… No point in cleaning it now- the Perezs are coming to town! OWWWWW!

5 mamasusan November 23, 2008 at 8:00 pm

I dearly remember those days; seems like yesterday but I know better. Cherish them, document them, and most of all – ENJOY them. They are gone before you can even imagine it.

6 Janette's Joys November 24, 2008 at 1:56 am

Oh I can’t wait to have a house full of kids with tents everywhere just like y’alls!—its all about finding the right combo of BIG blankets and tall and short chairs to create the PERFECT tent:) Although, I could do without the whole clean-up thing…on that note, maybe I’ll wait a bit longer to have my house full of babies… Happy Thanksgiving!!