Five.

June 17, 2008

in big A,milestones

Today was a very special day. Big A turned five years old. On one hand it seems strange that she’s only five, because it’s like she’s always been here, and we can’t even remember what it was like before her. On the other hand, it’s crazy that she’s already five. It’s flown by, and it’s really starting to sink in how fast she’s growing up.

Alex, we love you like crazy. You are such a blessing to us and we truly feel lucky to have you as our daughter. Happy birthday!

A trip down memory lane…

The night I had her…Monday, June 16, 2003

First birthday. You walked and jabbered a lot by the time you were one.

Second birthday. You were already such a talker at this age. You loved watching the Wiggles and drinking from your Nuby cup. Ahhh, those curls and those eyes…just stunning.

Third birthday. You loved animals, and had no fear of anything…bugs, water, rides…You really started becoming so expressive at this age…I think this might have been the year that you opened up one of your presents at your birthday party, and loudly said “BO-RING!” You were not as thrilled as Mama at all the cute outfits you received.

Fourth birthday. Oh so sweet, and so into Polly Pockets and princesses.

Fifth birthday. You love to dress up, do cartwheels, and you’re into all things pink and Hannah Montana.

Happy number 5, baby girl!

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Jennifer June 17, 2008 at 6:31 pm

It seems like just yesterday when we came to visit Alex for the first time on her birthday! My A seemed so big compared to her then, but now I can hardly tell a difference in their age. Alex is definitely a blessing with her free spirit and soft mannerisms! It was so hard to imagine at that point what they would be like at this point. My prayer is that the next few years bring as many pleasant surprises as the past few have.

2 Hannah Grace Photography June 17, 2008 at 9:03 pm

What a beauty, just like her Mommy! Happy Birthday, Alex!

3 Stephanie June 18, 2008 at 3:14 am

Okay, it took me until tonight to be able to respond to this post. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Happy that you have been blessed with such an amazing five year old and sad because I will have my own amazing five year old in two days. Where has the time gone? I remember coming to the hospital and thinking about how beautiful your baby girl was and hoped that I would be lucky to have a pretty girl just like you (you know, without the big nose I was so fearful of). These have been a wonderful five years in the births of our girls (and Ross) and the memories that we have created along the way. Glad we could spend the special day with all of y’all.

4 Anonymous June 19, 2008 at 2:49 am

Okay, this post made me cry (hormones, perhaps?)! Maybe because I can’t believe she’s five either and that I think back at how “BO-RING” life without her was! I love that little girl (and her little sis) more than I can even comprehend! Can’t wait to see y’all this weekend!

Love,
Tia

5 Anonymous June 19, 2008 at 11:50 pm

I still can’t believe she is 5 years old! She is growing up so fast! I remember when she first started talking and all the funny stuff we could get her to say. It is so hard to believe that she’ll be starting school in August! Next thing you know, she’ll be driving…and Dating. Haha! She has become more beautiful with each year… I am so lucky to have such a sweet, precious little niece! I love you Alex!

Love,
Jill Pill

6 Amy D. June 21, 2008 at 2:52 am

I’m getting misty-eyed! Happy Birthday, Alex! She is so precious, Allison. This parenting thing is so hard, but I know on days like this your heart swells and you’re glad you’ve been so blessed with sweet girls. I SO hope we get to see y’all this summer.

7 Jana June 21, 2008 at 3:33 am

When I showed Zack her picture the other day, he said “Oh that is Alex I am going to marry her”. I seriously do not know where five years have gone too! I hope that she has a great birthday party and had a great birthday. We miss you all!

8 Donna June 22, 2008 at 8:21 pm

Well…I’m crying! I, too, can’t believe that Alex, my “Precious Princess,” is already five. She’s the start of the most wonderful time of my life–being a “grandmama”! You and Christopher have become such wonderful parents; I’m so proud of both of you! Thank you for blessing me with two precious, lovely granddaughters–I love and cherish you all!