So I know that all of us moms are in this together. We’re going in a hundred different directions – we have soccer practice to attend, dinner to make, homework to do, bills to pay, laundry to fold, etc. etc. And some of us, regardless of it all, can still keep a neat and tidy house.
This might come as a shock to you, but I am not one of them.
I am constantly stepping on Polly Pocket heads, blocks and other hard, plastic…things…that could literally send you to an orthopedist, or at least leave you begging for forgiveness with the insane amount of bad words that you loudly mumble. Believe me, I am always on my kids about picking up, but it’s just HARD to always keep it tidy. My messy house drives me crazy, but it’s my own fault, because I don’t make it a priority. My family and work come before the house – always. I have come to terms with this, but it doesn’t annoy me any less. I keep telling myself (and Christopher) that someday we’ll be out of “the messy season.”
In the past month, while being utterly annoyed with the incessant “picking up,” I decided to start documenting these little things that drive me crazy and make me laugh all at the same time. For those of you who aren’t the best housekeepers, this is for you. You’re not alone. For my anal, super housekeepers, this is for you to lighten up, and enjoy the time with your kids and the messes they make.
Oh, whatever. It’s really just for you to feel even better about your stupid, clean house.
1. Just another ‘ole Barbie leg.
2. Gnawed-on Q-Tips. Anyone?
3. Silly putty, on the oven knob. We’re ready for the next oven fire.
4. Because that cat’s collar was needing a little TLC.
5. Toothpaste with the added hair. It’s extra protein.
6. THAT’S the wooden block that was under my foot!
7. Not too crazy right?! Unless you consider that it’s a half-pound of SOLID milk chocolate that my 12-pound dog ate. She’s ok now, thanks to a best friend (with a messy house) who took my 4 kids and her 2 all to the vet while I was doing a shoot that I couldn’t reschedule. (not really related to a messy house, but definitely a case for my chaos.)
8. If you’ve never had Thin Mints with Savory Chicken and Tuna Fancy Feast, you are missing out! It even makes your hair shiny.
9. A bottle of syrup to prop up a baby with a bottle. It served its purpose even better than a topping that day.
10. A Barbie with half a leg, a fork, 2 spoons and salt and pepper that C put in a bag. Should I be worried? At least she plans to share.